365 days remaining in my 20s. Time to recap and look ahead.
This past year has been full of unexpected adventures and life changes that have brought me both treasured memories and altered my path forward.
I traveled to seven countries and four states.
I jumped off a perfectly good bridge (and survived).
I lost my best friend as a five year relationship ended.
I moved across town.
I grew new friendships with people that inspire me.
I worked on old friendships with those who understand me most.
I flew over all lower 48 states in 18 hours. And separately landed in the other 2.
I held my new niece.
I met someone special.
I swung from a trapeze.
I experienced so much more than I can summarize in this list.
This past year I marked 6 items complete on the 30 Before 30 list. Not bad, but not great. 20% accomplished.
1) Bungee Jump or Hang Gliding
2) Visit two new countries
8) Try eggs cooked different ways (yes, I’m Julia Roberts in Runaway Bride)
13) Try not eating any carbs for 5 days (eek)
16) Pay for someone else at a drive-thru (but keep it going!)
26) Change my niece’s diaper (part of maturing? err)
Another 9 are in work though! Which puts me closer to 50%!
Sign up and complete a Tri or running race
9) Walk Nally (puppy-frog) on a regular basis
10) Read at least one book a month
15) Try a new recipe once a month
17) Plan an around the world trip…and do it!
19) Get a cell phone
20) Spend more time with my family
23) Thin down my possessions
29) Leave my comfort zone
This next year holds in store another move and shaking off all self-imposed expectations to travel the world! I’m looking forward to all the adventures that I don’t even know await me. I’m also looking forward to my best friend getting married (and wearing a sari, booya) later this year.
29 is shaping up to be the most unpredictable yet. I’m looking forward to embracing closing out my 20s this way…with so much still to unfold in my 30s.