Exactly 1 year, 8 months and 16 days from now I will be 30 years old.
There seems to be a stigma attached to 30. Not a good one either. So old, it’s all downhill from here, 20s were the best years, yada yada. I want to look forward to being 30 and everything the 30s have to offer! I came across a blog awhile back where this girl made a 30 things to do before turning 30 list (30 before 30) and she blogged about them as she went…undoubtedly gaining a little piece of satisfaction as she crossed each off and finally hit the big 3-0. I’m in!
Here’s a first crack at my list. There are a still a few blank – suggestions are welcome or as something inspires me I’ll fill the remaining three in. There are a few that were challenging to even put down in writing. There are a few that will be tough to accomplish. There are more than a few that make me really excited to reach 30 years.
1) Bungee Jump or Hang Gliding
2) Visit two new countries
3) Take sailing lessons
4) Go to one national park I haven’t visited yet
5) Sign up and complete a Tri or running race
6) Organize photos
7) Be able to do one un-assisted pull-up
8) Try eggs cooked different ways (yes, I’m Julia Roberts in Runaway Bride)
9) Walk Nally (puppy-frog) on a regular basis
10) Read at least one book a month
11) Learn a joke to tell
12) Work on learning Spanish or Italian
13) Try not eating any carbs for 5 days (eek)
14) Summit 3 mountains
15) Try a new recipe once a month (dinner/baking)
16) Pay for someone else at a drive-thru
17) Plan an around the world trip…and do it!
18) Volunteer more
19) Get a cell phone (? still skeptical about this one)
20) Spend more time with my family (skype counts)
Fall in love (get engaged?) Too much pressure. Can’t control these things. Develop photography skills
22) Pet a wolf
23) Thin down my possessions
24) Dance more (club, take a class, etc)
25) Get my granny’s ring back
26) Change my niece’s diaper (part of maturing? err)
27) Complete Seattle to Portland 202 mi bike ride..also buy a bike 😉
28) Take a spontaneous road trip
29) Leave my comfort zone (hitchhike abroad? talk to strangers? couchsurfing?)
30) *Intentionally left blank